Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BlitzSaggath

Should there be a disclaimer in Marketplace subforum about possible scams?

Question

There's a high risk of scams in HYIP / other investment and gambling sites especially when dealing with cryptocurrencies. I think people new to internet investing and cryptocurrencies could be fooled by new schemes and some sort of warning could be in place. Maybe a stickied post or just a red warning text telling people to be aware of possible scams, what do you think?

3 answers to this question

There's a high risk of scams in HYIP / other investment and gambling sites especially when dealing with cryptocurrencies. I think people new to internet investing and cryptocurrencies could be fooled by new schemes and some sort of warning could be in place. Maybe a stickied post or just a red warning text telling people to be aware of possible scams, what do you think?

thank you for reminding us we will make sure to do so.

To be honest everything we do in life has a certain risk to it. that new job you want, you will always take a risk in loosing it, if you dont follow the rules exactly do what your told when your told, kind of like salve driving, except the whips were removed from their hand when Lincoln was in office, or like your bank account, if they get robbed/hacked or lose their butt on the foreign exchange, you risk loosing all your money, and the list goes on. 

Scams are rampant here, but there are people out there trying their best to provide scam free services, going out of their way to protect their clients and investors. You just have to try and find them. That is not an easy task. 

I also think there are some companies out there who never had intentions to scam anyone, its the hackers that ruined it for them, they hack a low security exchange and take all their coins, or make unauthorized withdraws by exploiting a section of the code. Everyone wants fast an easy instant gratification, they want everything automated and automatic for them, but they want their coins secure.. Well unfortunately you can have one or the other.but you cant have both. It's either secure your coins or make it so your instant gratification is satisfied. when everything is automated there is a much higher probability it can be hacked, its a magnet for hackers because they have a multitude of options to steal anything they want. If it not automatic they will have a much harder time finding the coins they want to steal.

I have added a new rules post to all marketplace sub forums it will be updated as needed.