Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JoanMcWench

Any possible way to work in a spell check?

Question

13 answers to this question

Sorry it seems that they haven't and aren't going to implement spell check into the editor for Invision Power Board software. They said that modern browsers like Firefox and chrome have it built in. I believer that they are ads-ons  for IE as well.

Nope, not for myself & I've been using Firefox for years. For some reason (perhaps I need an update), there is none of the usual red line/right click situations going on here. I use other forums & have found everything goes as planned but for some reasons I've had issues here. Perhaps it's just me.

I've found myself re-reading my posts five hundred times to avoid spelling errors & I STILL miss some. Any possibility to throw a spell check in here or would it be too complicated?

You could probably use something like Grammarly when you are online. They have a free toolbar you can download and use for your web browser and it works online anywhere. I would like to use the paid subscription service when I do get the money.

I believe that all Web browsers come with spell check features nowadays. If they're not working for some reason, then you'll have to check your browser's settings and enable spell check because some browsers do allow you to turn them off. A spell check for the forum itself would sometimes conflict with the built-in dictionary of a browser, although it's not a huge problem if you know that a given word is spelled properly. 

Is English morphing every other day by the way, i write for example; i learnt a bitter lesson ...come to find out 'learnt' ought to be 'learned'...its stressing, it feels like i ought to re-take my English classes once again...back again at baby steps :(